Floaties Swim School Safety PrecautionsBlog
The time has finally come! We are reopening for limited capacity on Monday, June 15th. We have been working closely with the Department of Health, as well as the other San Diego swim schools, to ensure that we are going over and above in regards to safety protocols. Swim lessons and drowning prevention has been recently deemed an essential business, that can take place with reasonable accommodation to mitigate the spread of COVID 19. This includes infant, toddler, and advanced level swimmers.
Please keep in mind the precautions we have set forth, which are listed at the bottom of this notice. They have been reviewed by the Department of Health and created in conjunction with advisement from USA Swimming, the US Swim School Association, and we have input preferences from you, our Floaties Family.
Additionally, our goal is to keep your swim time as close to your previous schedule as possible. However, because of the drastically limited capacity requirements, instructors schedules have also changed a great deal. Our number one priority is to get our students in the water and learning the life-saving skills that we are so proud to provide. As we continue to reopen and add instructors to our roster, we will be able to accommodate specific instructor changes.
In order to move forward, we want to give you the opportunity to continue to keep your membership “on hold” by retaining your makeup classes for when you are ready to return. Since we are following health department protocols, we are only able to accommodate 24 children every 30 minutes. At first, we are going to remain under that number with a capacity of 18 to make sure we are able to give the children in advanced courses adequate space to swim longways without accidental collisions. Just a reminder, the CDC has made it clear that there is no evidence that COVID 19 and other viral illnesses cannot spread through properly chlorinated water.
We are also extremely sensitive to the fact that some of you may not feel comfortable bringing your children to activities. Please fill out CANCELLATION REQUEST as soon as possible to help us assure all the families who want to swim will be able to.
We have also been approached zithromax online for at home lessons many times, and while this is in our goals for the future, we are not able to permit our instructors to go door to door as the virus has been known to spread in these types of circumstances, and our Floaties facilities have been, and will continue to be, the absolute gold standard in swim lesson environments. Progression, learning, and safety can only be guaranteed in a facility like Floaties.
Please note, we are still running at limited capacity for our admin staff, and we are working hard metformin over the counter to prepare to open. The best way to get a response from us is through our website at https://floatiesswimschool.com/contact/.
Thank you for your support and patience during this time.
- Mandatory temperature checks for staff and families prior to entering the building.
- A “one way” walkway to eliminate unnecessary crowding
- One parent per child preferred in the building at a time.
- Parents and staff required to wear masks covering mouth and nose in the building.
- Physically distanced seating areas with sanitation between classes.
- Continued pool chemistry checks
- Administrative staff working from home to reduce in person payments and scheduling and further limiting unnecessary personnel in our facilities.
- We will be closing our locker rooms and playrooms, and sanitizing bathrooms at the conclusion of each class time.
- Reducing pool occupancy during peak hours to allow for physical distancing.
- Sectioned off lesson areas in the pool to encourage adequate space for learning without unnecessary interaction.
- Disinfectant and hand sanitation stations in each facility.
- We will no longer be able to lend out towels or swim diapers at this time.
- We request that parents dress children at home prior to class time and immediately leave the building after class. We will however, allow entry into our playroom and patio areas for quick changes after class when absolutely necessary.
- Showers will not be available at the Poway location at this time.